Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Character Interview: Noble and Breeze from "Mating Touch (M/M), Paranormal Wars: Stone Haven 10"

(Author Shea Balik travels into the future to interview Noble Pride and Breeze Winslow from "Mating Touch (M/M), Paranormal Wars: Stone Haven 10")

I have to admit to being a bit nervous to travel three hundred years in the future, especially as not much time has passed since the Psy tried to wipe out Stone Haven with a nuclear weapon.  The fact that there are still missing warheads doesn’t help to put me at ease either.  I can only hope the same writing gods that were guiding me to not destroy Stone Haven are watching over me now.

Stepping through a door that sent me into the future, my heart stopped for a moment before speeding up until I was sure it would burst from my chest at the breathtaking view.  Past the acres and acres of fields were snow-capped mountains that rose majestically to the west.  They were so beautiful I hadn’t noticed the two men who were there to greet me.

“I’m glad to see you can appreciate the beauty that surrounds us,” Noble said as he reached my side.

Startled, I had to admit I jumped a bit at the voice.  “Oh, I didn’t see you there.”

“Sorry, didn’t mean to scare you.”  Noble held out his hand.  “Noble Pride, but you already know that, don’t you Shea?”

I did.  After all I was the one who created him.  “It’s nice to meet you in person.”  To look him in the eye I had to tilt my head way back.  Six-foot-six is a lot bigger in reality than it had been when I was describing him on paper.  “Thank you for letting me come to your home for this interview.”

Breeze stepped forward at this point, his slimmer build and shorter stature was vastly different than Noble’s.  It made the couple striking to look at.  “We’re more than happy to have you.  I thought you might like to conduct the interview in one of the greenhouses.”

A smile came unbidden to my lips.  “I would love that.”  I had to admit to being curious to see what Breeze did with them.

I was given a smile in return from both Breeze and Noble.  “Then let me show you the way.”  Breeze led the way with Noble right next to him.  As we walked I couldn’t help but notice the way Noble’s hand went to the small of Breeze’s back, or the way Breeze leaned into the touch.  It was obvious how much the two loved each other.

Having been honored to write their story, I was happy for the two.  They had both been through a lot so it was good to see that they’d found some happiness.  This was only my second set of interviews with characters, yet I find myself wanting to go back and interview all of them just to see how their lives have turned out.

As we walked around to the back of the small home, I was stopped in my tracks by the immense buildings that stood before me.  Again, writing about them and seeing them in person was an eye opening experience.  Each one spread out at an angle so as not to impede the view from the back deck of the house.

“Wow,” I whispered in awe.

Breeze glanced back at me with a huge grin on his face.  “Just wait until you see the inside.”

As I stepped inside, my gaze darted around trying to take everything in.  “I can’t believe you got all of this planted so quickly.”  It had been less than a month since his mother had tried to destroy Breeze’s haven, yet it appeared to have been years based on the amount of vegetation around.

Loving eyes went to Noble as Breeze said, “I had help.”

A kiss was placed on Breeze’s lips.  “It was my pleasure, love,” Noble murmured against his mouth.

“Would you like to get started?” Breeze asked after Noble straightened from the brief kiss.

Reluctantly, I pulled my attention away from trying to see everything and back on Breeze and Noble, who were the reasons I was there.  “That would be great.”

Down a small path between the orange trees and a patch of berry plants were two chairs and love seat with a coffee table set up with a bowl of fruit and a tray of various cheeses and a couple of loaves of fresh bread.  “Please feel free to make yourself a plate,” Breeze offered.

Filling it with the fruit and cheese, I sat in one of the chairs with a glass of water and waited for Breeze and Noble to do the same.  They sat on the loveseat, as close as they could get without sitting in each other’s laps.

Figuring it was time to get started since I only had a limited time to visit with them, I got down to the interview.

Shea:  So Breeze, how has life changed for you now that you are no longer a part of the Guard?

Breeze: Smiling, he looked over at Noble.  It’s changed for the better.  I’ve never been happier and I love being able to work side by side with Noble.

Shea:  Noble, since moving to this farm, you have been a self-proclaimed loner.  Have you had any problems adjusting to having Breeze living with you?

Noble:  Not in the least.  If someone had told me even a year ago that I would love every minute that I get to spend with another person, I wouldn’t have believed it.  Noble’s arm went around Breeze, pulling him closer to Noble’s side.  But I’ve never been happier with Breeze.  To me, there is nothing better than spending time with the man I love.

Shea: That is so sweet.  You two look extremely happy together.

Breeze: grinning.  That’s because we are.  Now that the harvest is done and the equipment cleaned and put away, we’ve had a lot more time to just be together.

Shea:  I know I’m going to regret asking this, but don’t you worry about getting bored as winter settles in?

Noble: Chuckling.  Absolutely not.  He pressed another kiss to Breeze’s lips.  Being bored with this sinfully hot man around just isn’t possible.

Breeze: Laughing he smacked Noble playfully on the arm before sending me a wink.  Don’t mind him.  Noble is just hoping to get lucky the moment you leave.

Shea:  I laugh along with them, but figure I should hurry this interview along.  So how is your relationship with your father, Breeze?

Breeze:  Thankfully that smile he’d been wearing stayed in place.  Good.  We’ve had several long talks about the past and I think we’re now in a good place.  He visits quite often.  Breeze looked around the inside of the greenhouse.  He’s even helped us plant both greenhouses.  Don’t get me wrong, we still are working on our relationship, but for the first time in my life, I can honestly see us having one.

Shea:  I’m so happy for you.  When I was writing your story, your father hammered away at me to give you two a chance.  I’m glad I listened.

Breeze:  Me too.

Shea: I have just one more question for the two of you before I get out of your hair.  How is Mandy doing?

Noble: Scowling at the mention of his onerous goat.  Just as stubborn as ever.  Pulling up his left pant leg, Noble showed off a dark purple bruise.  This morning she kicked me when I tried to put her in her pen.

Breeze: Laughing so hard he was holding his stomach.  Then she tripped him, knocking him on his ass right into a patch of mud.  It was so funny, I thought I was going to pee my pants.

Noble: Rolled his eyes.  You know, as my mate you should have been scolding Mandy instead of laughing your ass off and giving her praise.

Breeze:  She was just defending herself after you threatened to sell her to the butcher.

Noble:  I wouldn’t need to threaten her if she would just do as she was told.

Breeze:  If you’d be nicer to her, she might listen.  Breeze gave Noble a dazzling smile.  She listens to me.

Noble:  Still scowling.  That’s because she’s infatuated with you.  Damn goat needs to stop rubbing herself all over you.

Shea:  I couldn’t help laughing at their bickering.  It sounds like life isn’t very boring around here.
They both grinned.

Breeze:  Like Noble said, being bored just isn’t possible.

Shea:  As much as I wish I could stay longer, I have to get going.  Thank you for having me into your home.  Maybe, if I can manage to visit in the future, you could give me an extended tour.

Noble:  We would be honored.  You are welcome here anytime.

As I walked through the door that had brought me to this world, I once more prayed to the writing gods to grant me another chance to see this world that has lived in my mind for years.








Find Shea Balik on the 'Net!

Website  

No comments: